- Where can I find a product specification sheet?
On the product details page of our website. The link is provided in our Customer Service team’s email signatures as well.
- How do you recommend thawing your frozen products?
While we cannot advise customers on their operating procedures, we recommend thawing by placing the product in the cooler (38 degrees) for several days prior to use. While there aren’t any analytical checks to validate the thawing process, we use a visual check to see if the product has thawed enough to dump in our tanks. Higher brix products will take much less time because they have little water in them. Single strength products may take more time since it is more like thawing a bucket of ice.
- What is the difference between Single Strength product and Not from Concentrate (NFC)?
Our products listed as ‘single strength’ tend to be purees, whereas ‘not from concentrate’ (NFC) tend to be juices. We also occasionally carry single strength juices that are called ‘from concentrate’, where the product has been re-constituted with water to bring it back to its FDA single strength level.
- What does GPL mean?
GPL stands for Grams per Liter, referring to the naturally occurring Grams per Liter of Citric Acid per volume of liquid. It is used in highly acidic fruits (lemon and lime) to measure the concentration instead of brix.
- What is the minimum order quantity (MOQ)?
Our minimum order is one pail/case, which is usually 5 gallons.
- How do I place an order?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a formal PO. If this is your first time purchasing from us, please provide us with the following information in your email so we can set you up in our system.
- Company Name
- Full legal name of business
- Registered trade name or DBA
- Billing address
- Shipping address
- Phone number
- Contact Name (if other than you)
- Do you offer product samples?
Yes. Please email email@example.com to request samples. Due to inventory constraints, we ask that you request no more than 4 different samples at a time. If this is your first time requesting samples, please provide the information listed in the bullets above so we can enter you into the system to process your sample order.
- What size samples do you offer?
We offer 8oz. and 16oz. samples. We are unable to send more than 2lbs of any one sample.
- What should I do if I am interested in purchasing juices or purees that you do not currently show on your product list?
Please reach out to our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org with the quantity you need and the time frame in which you need it. Minimum orders for non-stock items varies with product availability and origin.
- Where does Florida Bulk ship to?
We ship to all over the US and Canada. Please reach out to our Customer Service team for help arranging freight.
- Which warehouses can we pick up from or ship from?
All of the warehouses in our system, please see map.
- What are your pallet dimensions?
Our pallets are: 40″ x 48″ x 4″
- How many pails can fit on one pallet? How about drums?
We can fit 36 pails or 4 drums on one pallet. Aseptic case sizes will vary, so please contact our Customer Service department for this information.
- What is Florida Bulk doing during the current COVID-19 crisis?
Florida Bulk Sales is proud of the role we play as an ingredient supplier to food and beverage manufactures and crucial link in the global food chain, and we understand the importance during the current COVID-19 crisis of maintaining the health and well-being of our employees while continuing to operate at efficient and safe capacities. To that end, we are fortunate to be able to rely on existing business systems and processes designed to mitigate supply chain interruption and effectively control food safety risks. Beyond those existing practices, we are also taking broad measures to adapt and respond to the swiftly changing environment to preserve a safe and consistent food supply:
- Florida Bulk employs a multi-supplier, multi-origin strategy for raw material procurement to maintain and protect continuous supply.
- Florida Bulk and its affiliates have endeavored to increase our inventory of raw material and finished product in advance of the current situation, and plan to continue those efforts over the next several weeks to ensure we are able to meet customer needs to the fullest extent possible under the circumstances.
- We have implemented technological and related infrastructure changes needed to shift employees who are not essential to onsite operations to remote work and completed a smooth transition of all such staff to work from home status.
Chicago Processed Fruit Group, LLC (or “CPFG”) – As Florida Bulk’s manufacturing affiliate and sister-company, CPFG continues to uphold its industry-leading standards for sanitation and facility maintenance under the FSSC 22000 GFSI scheme. In addition to those existing practices, CPFG has implemented the following measures in response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- All employees that are able to work from home are required to do so until further notice, not only for their own safety, but to limit unnecessary risk of exposure to the virus for those employees with roles that can only be performed onsite.
- Employees that must work onsite for operations to continue (e.g., production machine operators, order fulfilment and warehouse employees, etc.) have been instructed as to recommended hygiene protocols, minimizing physical contact with co-workers, and appropriate use personal protective equipment.
- Additional cleaning and disinfection procedures have been implemented to further mitigate any risk to both personnel and product.
- We quickly implemented an additional production shift to reduce the number of employees per shift and create separation between essential staff members.
- We revised our Shipping & Receiving workflow to further limit close contact between our employees and carriers and other outside parties.
- Instituted a temporary ban on all non-essential visitors entering the facility.
We continue to closely monitor the health and safety of our staff, news and scientific developments regarding the transmission and spread of the virus, and any measures taken by governmental authorities and our industry partners that could impact our business or those of our customers and suppliers. Through these efforts, among others, Florida Bulk and CPFG are doing everything within our power to ensure that our businesses can continue to operate at full volume, as well as prepare for additional challenges that arise.